Top Trending: INC 5000 List Includes 12 Delaware Companies
A dozen companies in Delaware made the annual INC 5000 list of the nation’s fastest growing small companies.
The closely watched list ranks companies based on their three-year sales performance. The list was expanded to 5,000 companies from 500 several years ago by the small business magazine and website.
HomeStar Remodeling, Wilmington, topped the list at No. 53. The company posted $5.3 million in annual sales was the top-ranked construction company on the entire INC 5000 and was listed as the fastest growing company in the Philadelphia region.
According to INC, companies must be U.S.-based, privately held, for-profit, and independent – not subsidiaries or divisions of other companies — as of December 31, 2017.
The list features a high turnover of companies in Delaware and elsewhere year to year. Many fast-growing companies are acquired by competitors and a few move on to become publicly traded corporations.
Other small companies ranked by growth were:
- 418: TECSPLUS, Newark, Information technology, $3.3 million.
- 583: Empire Flippers, Wilmington, sales of online enterprises, $16.5 million.
- 604: Extreme Scale Solutions, Newark, information technology, $16.5 million.
- 864: Shipsound, Wilmington, online retail, $4.2 million.
- 2, 060: Placers, Newark, human resources, Newark, $9.3 million.
- 2,325: Tangentia, Wilmington, information technology, $2.1 million.
- 2,363: Careerminds, Wilmington, outplacement and related services, $2 million.
- 2,697: Chesapeake Plumbing and Heating, Frankford, construction,$26.1 million.
- 4,127: Karins and Associates, Newark, engineering services, $6.4 million.
- 4,217: The Siegfried Group, Wilmington, accounting $177 million.
- 4,863: Biomedical Research Laboratories, Wilmington, Food and Beverage $4.9 million.