Delaware Prosperity Partnership, Delaware’s lead economic development agency, is looking for a marketing communications manager to support its communications and marketing needs for web, social media and print.
Created in 2017, Delaware Prosperity Partnership (DPP)an independent nonprofit leads the state of Delaware’s economic development efforts to attract, grow and retain businesses; to build a stronger entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem; and to support private employers in identifying, recruiting and developing talent in the state of Delaware.
▪ Conceptualize and coordinate content promoting Delaware as a place to do business
▪ Write content for e-newsletters – monthly, quarterly and as-needed, to a variety of target audiences
▪ Consistently update the website with engaging, relevant content
▪ Manage media relations – draft press releases; serve as contact for local and national media
▪ Coordinate compelling social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
▪ Produce collateral to meet organizational needs, including flyers, brochures, reports, event materials, etc.
▪ Work with local videographers to produce features about local companies and about Delaware’s business environment
▪ Secure advertising – print, digital and outdoor
▪ Help coordinate events, from community town halls to investor engagement functions
Core Competencies and Skills Requirements:
▪ Experience with CRM systems HubSpot or Salesforce preferred
▪ Experience with Sprout or Hootsuite preferred
▪ Exceptional proofreading skills
▪ Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
▪ Detail and deadline oriented
▪ Experience with social media tools
▪ Demonstrated commitment to diversity that honors difference of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstances
▪ Practices the core values of teamwork and collaboration while also being able to problem-solve independently
▪ Must be able to work off hours and weekends as needed
▪ Must have active driver’s license and car
▪ 5-to-7 years’ experience in the communications field
▪ 4-year college degree in a related field; Master’s Degree preferred
Delaware Prosperity Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to apply, contact: email@example.com
PDF version of this job description, available here: Marketing Communications Manager