2019 BIO Convention: Join us in Philadelphia
Here’s your chance to be a part of the most respected forum for the transformative field of bioscience.
- Join 18,000+ global business development leaders from 7,000+ companies
- Be a part of 45,000+ BIO one-on-one partnering™ meetings in just 3.5 days
- Attend 18+ session tracks, 250 company presentations and start-up pitches
- Network with 1,800+ exhibitors, specialty pavilions and zones—plus top CRO’s and CMO’s
- Sign up for the Bioecosystem tour: Delaware – Where the World Comes to Do Business
Be part of the international forum that connects the most talented professionals in bioscience from around the world.
You can access convention resources at the following links:
Please continue to visit our site for more details as they become available. In the meantime, be sure to mark your calendar with these important dates for BIO Philadelphia June 3 – 6, 2019.
For more information contact Ariel Gruswitz 302.576.6565
*New* Information on Delaware’s Bio Ecosystem Tour
Delaware – Where the World Comes to Do Business
Monday, June 3 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Participants on this tour will learn from top experts in industry, academia and government about the various opportunities Delaware has to support potential companies. This tour will feature stops at Incyte’s new corporate headquarters, University of Delaware STAR Campus- Delaware Tech Park at STAR incubator, the College of Health Sciences and the National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals (NIIMBL).
Industry, academia, and government interested in learning about Delaware’s knowledge-based assets, interdisciplinary collaboration and inclusive innovation communities should attend this tour.
The tour will begin with information on Delaware’s unique value proposition in the life sciences and related industries (en route to Wilmington).
First stop: Incyte’s new corporate headquarters for a panel discussion on the benefits of doing business in Delaware. We will highlight (via key leaders in our scientific and government community) why more than 65% of all U.S. companies incorporate in Delaware; tax incentives; Opportunity Zones; incubators and the support we provide to entrepreneurs. Our small size allows us to be nimble and provide “concierge” support to our companies.
Next stop will be the University of Delaware (UD), including lunch at STAR Campus: a live-work-learn, Opportunity Zone community transforming the regional innovation landscape, including:
- Delaware Tech Park at STAR incubator, a full-service incubator that works in collaboration with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and UD to support startups.
- The College of Health Sciences, the nation’s #1 Physical Therapy school, which has a unique integration of clinic, academic research and industrial start-ups.
- National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals is a consortium of 150+ partners to improve the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals and address workforce development. “NIIMBL” is one of 14 national institutes in the Manufacturing USA network, designed to increase U.S. competitiveness in manufacturing.
The tour will include a brief presentation from the Dean of College of Health Sciences and the Director of NIIMBL. The bus will depart at 3 p.m. and arrive back in Philadelphia by 3:45 p.m.
Tour Organizer: The Delaware BioScience Association is a trade association with a mission to catalyze growth of the life science industry in Delaware. The Delaware Prosperity Partnership is a public-private partnership that is the state’s lead resource to attract, retain and grow businesses; build a stronger entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem; and support private employers in identifying, recruiting and developing talent in Delaware.