The position supports the Delaware Prosperity Partnership’s mission of encouraging job creation and capital investment by focusing on the talent needs of employers, both existing companies and those who may consider locating in Delaware. The position will identify and build connections between employers and a broad range of talent-oriented resources, work with numerous partners to identify/share best practices and develop content that supports talent attraction and retention. By enhancing employers’ ability to access talent, Delaware can capitalize on expansion/location opportunities to grow and/or diversify the state’s economy. The position works in tandem with other DPP teams as appropriate.
- Support employers’ periodic/ongoing talent needs by developing access to content or programs (online and otherwise), sharing best practices and/or consulting to enhance capabilities;
- Identify ways to target and market to potential employees, both in-state and outside, to supplement both individual firm or sector workforce supply/demand dynamics;
- Engage with and cultivate connections/networks/partnerships as appropriate to help create robust business growth in Delaware;
- Support DPP’s business development and innovation programming where possible to positively affect results;
- Build/strengthen relationships with existing Delaware businesses in key industries as part of ongoing existing business engagement (DPP and partners) to encourage and facilitate their continued presence and growth in the state;
- Engage with and involve other DPP functional teams (e.g., Marketing/External Relations, Economic Research) as well as DPP board, investors and partners to ensure results;
- Present or speak to groups and companies on key content, trends or opportunities and offer training as warranted to develop cutting edge capabilities in Delaware;
- Represent DPP in various ways at relevant events, both in-state and beyond, as directed;
- Manage key relationships and talent services staff as required.
Core Competencies & Abilities
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with stakeholder groups such as industry/functional area groups, government agencies, academia and K-12 systems.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, network, lead, analyze, and resolve issues among diverse audiences/customers/clients.
- Takes initiative to create/strengthen relevant connections locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Ability to see “big picture” and strategize on broad initiatives that may have state-wide focus and impact/affect multiple industries/sectors.
- Effective oral, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong sense of personal integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree desirable particularly in a business, human resources or other relevant/related areas.
- Five to seven years of relevant work experience such as human resources, talent acquisition/recruiting or areas such as workforce development/training that can aid in work to support employers. Proven career progression with past employers is key.
- Familiarity with Delaware or region and its business networks is desirable.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work across a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite (Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word) as well as experience with CRM software (DPP uses HubSpot).
- Willingness and ability to travel independently, mostly within Delaware, but occasionally regionally and nationally. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds for purposes of setting up exhibits or tradeshow booths.
- Position requires extended periods of time sitting at a desk while using a computer keyboard, mouse and monitor as well as walking/standing in tradeshow or event settings.
- Some work is conducted in an office environment though offsite meetings and events are common including some that may occur before/after regular business hours.
Submit resume and cover letter to Christina McGinty, email@example.com